Real Money Online Casinos
Have you ever wanted to gamble on your favorite games, but didn’t want to make a trip to the nearest casino? If so, playing online is a great alternative. Online casinos allow you to enjoy all of your favorite games for real money, like blackjack, slots, and baccarat from the comfort and convenience of your own home. If you to experience the risk reward thrill keep reading for all the information you need to get started.
Playing at Online Casinos
For most people, signing up to a casino is a very simple process. First, you’ll need to choose a site that meets all of your needs. Next, you’ll want to deposit funds into your account. Finally, it’s time to load up the software and begin playing!
This may all sound very straightforward – and for most players, these steps can usually be accomplished without encountering any major problems. That said, if you need additional help, we’ve outlined information about each step below.
The biggest obstacle in this process is the depositing real money onto the site part. While we as internet users are a lot more comfortable with ‘shopping online’, there still is a little bit of hesitance when it comes to online gambling. There are a number of reasons for this; from fear of addiction to horror stories of shady outfits. We here at OCB encourage responsible gambling and research to the best of our ability the legitimacy of any brand mentioned on the site.
Choosing Where To Play
Choosing a casino is a step that many players gloss over, but it can make a huge difference when it comes to how enjoyable your gaming experience will be. Luckily, it doesn’t take much time to narrow down your choices to a few sites that are perfect for you.
While there are numerous factors you might want to consider when choosing where to play, the following are a few of the most important things to take into account:
– Does the casino accept players from my country? Many operators are closed to Americans, and a small number of sites have other restrictions such as France, Spain, Canada and Italy.
– Do they offer games that I enjoy playing? Every site on the web has lots of slot machines, but the quality and style of these games may differ dramatically depending on the software being used at each site. Also, not all casinos have the same selection of table games or video poker machines. Finally, if you enjoy live dealer games, you’ll want to pick somewhere that offers that option.
– What kind of bonuses does they offer? Every site has unique deposit bonuses that they give to new players, but it’s not as simple as saying that one bonus is the best for everyone. Some bonuses have large matching percentages, but they may be difficult to clear or restrict what games you play. Other bonuses may be small, but have easier wagering requirements. Some operators also give out game-specific bonuses that are perfect for players who are specifically looking to play blackjack or other games. Always try to find a bonus that’s crafted just for your needs.
How to Deposit
Don’t worry! These guys have come up with dozens of ways for players to transfer money into their accounts. However, exactly what options are available to you may depend heavily on the laws and regulations in your country, as well as the policies of your bank. A few of the most commonly used deposit options are as follows:
Credit Cards – Most players can make deposits using credit and debit cards, especially cards that have Visa or MasterCard logos. However, some banks may have policies that prevent their cards from being used for gambling, especially if you live in the United States.
Bank Transfers – There are a number of different ways to move money from your personal bank account to a your casino cashier. Direct bank wires are commonly offered, as are e-checks — essentially, just an EFT transfer that works much like writing a traditional paper check, only faster. Another option is to use an online banking interface that allows you to move money into your cashier the same way you would normally pay bills or handle other transactions.
E-Wallets – These payment processing sites are designed as a way to hold value in an online account, from which you can make deposits, withdrawals, or transfer money from one site to another. The most popular of these are sites that are regularly used both in gambling and other industries, like Moneybookers (Skrill), Neteller, and PayPal. There are also a few additional services that are less well-known, such as Click2Pay and WebMoney.
Prepaid Options – If traditional funding options aren’t available to you, prepaid vouchers and cards may be a viable alternative. These options allow for you to pay up front – often in cash at a physical store or vendor in your area – and then use the prepaid item you’ve purchased to fund your account. The most popular of these methods is a service called Ukash, which sells vouchers with unique codes that work like cash.
Claiming Your Sign Up Bonus
When you make your first deposit, you’ll be eligible for a sign up bonus. Some of these bonuses are automatically credited when you make your deposit, but others require you to use a coupon code in order to have the bonus funds credited. Always check your casino’s promotions page to see if there are any special codes you’ll need in order to get credit for the bonuses you’re entitled to. Also, remember what we said on the homepage. Be sure to read the T & C twice and never accept a bonus if your can’t clear it playing your favorite game.
Is All This Legal?
The question of legality and the gambling of currency is a complicated one, with the answer varying wildly depending on the country you reside in. Here’s a quick guide to online casinos by country:
– USA: In the United States, there are many laws restricting the operation of online casinos, as well as how financial institutions can process transactions between operators and players. This has led to many operators refusing to take USA customers. However, there are no laws preventing most Americans from playing on sites that do accept them. See SAFE Port Act and UIGEA on Wikipedia for a run-down on the current situation.
– France: Playing online is legal in France, where the government has recently put a regulatory framework into place for licensing such sites. If your favorite site has a French license, you’ll probably have to play on a special French-only .fr version of that site.
– Spain: Spain recently took steps to open up their gambling market to European operators, much as was done in France and Italy before it. This means that Spanish players will soon have the ability to play at sites licensed by Spain itself, along with those sites that are already actively accepting Spanish players.
– Italy: Like France, Italy has a licensing framework in place. If your favorite website chooses to participate in this system, you’ll be directly to play on the Italian version of the site.
– Australia: While there are no online casinos that are operated inside of Australia, and advertising for casino sites is restricted in the country, Australian players are free to play at most foreign sites.
– South Africa: In 2010, a court ruling found that online gambling was illegal in South Africa, although there have been attempts to legalize and regulate “interactive gambling” in the country. Despite this ruling, many online sites continue to allow South African players to participate at their sites.
– Belgium: As with its neighbor France, Belgium has decided to move to a regulatory system in which the government will provide licenses to online sites. This process has begun in 2011, meaning the first sites specifically marketed toward Belgian players have begun appearing in recent months.
– Canada: Canadian players have a great deal of freedom to play at most sites. However, if you’re looking for an option that’s closer to home, several provinces have set up (or are in the process of approving) licensed online gambling options for their residents. VegasParadise.com Online Casino and Lucky Nugget are very popular amongst Canadians.
– UK: In the UK, players can choose to play at any site they like. In fact, there are even many online gambling companies that are based in the UK, some of which are operated by popular brick-and-mortar gambling firms. Bet365 and JackpotParadise.com are very popular amongst British players.